Monday, May 31, 2010

I hate UMEME more than Electrol Commission

I read with interest the fact that Umeme wants to have a uniform tariff for domestic consumers- which in a sense is good if Umeme was as organised in distributing the power to all consumers evenly. On face book I became part of 100,000 people who hate UMEME and it was interesting reading what 'fans', are talking about this infamous organisation.

Our line has a problem that is re-current and as a consumer I have spent more money on a non-toll free help line (04141851850) than what my TV consumes in a month to complain that every Thursday or Friday evening power about power on our line that gets off; This affects the church nearby at least in every sunday service.

I'm always of course given a complaint number and sometimes after 48 hours of darkness it is restored: As I write now my lap top is warning and I have a complaint number M217448 having CALLED 7 (SEVEN TIMES) since morning and the message is ---- Our team is on the way!-again been affected at 9.00pm yesterday- the previous evening of Friday it was the same story.

If that is very hard then inform us to be sure of power fauilure every other week. If you want more information check the number of calls I have made and as a service provider I know in our beloved country it may not seem to be your duty but a servise remains a service and by the time a patient person of my kind writes simply know that you are doing very badly and this is the least I can do- I wish I had other means.

Meanwhile the laptop is warning because I cant re-charge and it is 19:55 HRS As stated as a consumer I have spent more money on a non-toll free help line than what my TV consumes in a month to complain to a non responsive entity. Shifting to another residential area is one of the solutions but UMEME you should become responsive; I guess if a problem is recurrent then you go for the root cause as a service provider- not temporary connections! UMEME needs simply to shape-up or shape out! I indeed hate UMEME more than EC their services are like those of Siamese twins-disastrous!

No comments: